2013 Honda CBR600RR
2013 CBR600RR - 1
Better Than Ever.
Honda’s CBR600RR has long been heralded as the best all-around 600-class sportbike the world has ever seen. A winner both on and off the track, it offers a perfect balance of high-revving power, precise handling, light weight, and a compact overall size.
And for 2013 the best just got a whole lot better. We’ve given the CBR600RR some major updates, including new 12-spoke wheels, revised ECU settings, and a fine-tuned ram-air system to increase torque. Best of all, the CBR600RR gets a new “Big Piston” fork and retuned rear shock. And it’s all wrapped up in some sharp new bodywork.
New Suspension: The 2013 CBR600RR features new suspension front. Up front, the new 41mm “Big Piston” Showa fork is smoother and more responsive; in the back, the Unit Pro Link design provides a smoother response and better performance.
Hot Wheels: New for 2013, we've added 12-spoke aluminum cast wheels, which look great with the CBR60RR’s redesigned bodywork.
- Dual-Stage Ram Air: For 2013 the Ram Air funnel has been redesigned to improve torque over 7,000 rpm. Nose mounted, two-stage ram air system provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox, for linear power delivery and superb engine performance.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: For 2013 the Dual-Stage Fuel injection system was revised to achieve more low to mid range power. Two sets of injectors per cylinder ensure both low- and high-rpm performance. You get near instantaneous high-rpm response, along with great low-rpm metering and clean running.
- Centrally Located Fuel Tank: The CBR600RR’s 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned in the center of the chassis and low in the frame. This allows for a more compact design, but even more important helps centralize the bike’s mass. Increased mass centralization means the CBR is more responsive to rider input, especially when leaning the bike into a turn or standing it up at the exit.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper
- BPF Front Suspension: The CBR600RR's all-new front suspension uses a Big Piston Fork (BPF). The new 41mm Showa fork is smoother and more responsive, and gives you excellent front-end feedback.
- Unit Pro-Link Suspension: For 2013, the Unit Pro-Link design incorporates new rear shock settings for better suspension performance.
- Radial Mounted Front-Brake Calipers: The CBR600RR uses radial-mounted monoblock front-brake calipers. This construction makes the caliper stiffer, and that means you get better brake feel more linear, powerful stopping. Each caliper also uses four chromium-plated aluminum pistons for smooth, stiction-free operation.
- New 12-Spoke Wheels: With their consistent rigidity and balance, these sharp-looking 12-spoke cast aluminum wheels work with the new fork and enhances suspension feedback to deliver real handling improvements.
- Line-beam headlights: The new headlight lens shape for 2013 is functional in directing air into the Ram Air System. Line-beam headlight features two-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design. The result: the headlight helps you see better, and also helps maintain visibility in traffic.
- Redesigned Tail Section with LED Tail Light: For 2013, a new LED tail light sits above the exhaust for a more compact and functional design.
- Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled Inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 67mm x 42.5mm
- Induction: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link® HMAS™ single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single 220mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 23.5 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 97.7mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 53.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 410 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal., including 0.9 gal. reserve
- Model Id: CBR600RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 599 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 x 42.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Front Suspension
- 41mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension
- Unit Pro-Link® HMAS™ single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR-17 radial
- 53.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.
- 23.5 deg.
- 97.7 mm (3.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal., including 0.9 gal. reserve
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 410 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #525 O-ring chain
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.