2013 Triumph DAYTONA 675R, DISALVO EDITION
JASON DISALVO TRIUMPH
It’s the R in perfect
In the Daytona 675R, we’ve made exceptional the new standard. This is a true track day tool. Focused. Committed. And in the right hands, untouchable. The storming new triple motor delivers even more power all the way through to 14,400 rpm redline. The new frame geometry, mass centralization and race-derived suspension enables razor sharp handling and confidence-inspiring feedback. Add brembo brakes, a quickshifter, carbon trim and some subtle styling details and you know you’re riding a true thoroughbred motorcycle.
The Daytona’s triple engine is completely new. The cylinder block is now solid aluminium with ceramic coated liners, making the whole unit inherently stronger. This allowed us to increase the torque and engine speed, giving you more power. Amazingly, we could achieve all this whilst maintaining an overall narrow and compact package. Power is up from 125ps to 128ps and from 73Nm to 75Nm.
By increasing the rev limit to 14,400 rpm, with a larger bore and shorter stroke, the engine is now even more responsive to rider input. Peak power is now at 12,600rpm running up to that new redline, and with more power delivered more smoothly throughout the rev range – roll the throttle and you’ll be rewarded with instant drive.
To give the motor more air to breathe, we increased the size of the air intake and channelled the airflow through the headstock, so we can force even more air in and create more power.
The new engine now operates with twin injectors per cylinder, which are both compact and provide more accurate fuelling. Revised mapping has helped boost the torque throughout the rev range. But we’ve also made this Daytona engine cleaner and therefore more fuel-efficient .
A more powerful triple engine, revving at higher speeds, demanded the highest specification valves. We chose titanium for the new Daytona 675. Not only are they stronger, they’re lighter and have been reshaped to provide a smoother gas flow, resulting in performance boosts throughout the rev range.
- Mass centralization: The closer to the center a bike it carries its weight, the better handling the bike will be. By relocating the silencer to under the engine, rapid direction changes are now more fluid and more controlled. Rider input is rewarded with an incredibly controlled response.
- Quickshifter: Get the real race feel with clutchless gear changes without even having to back off the throttle, maximizing acceleration. (Also available as an accessory option on the standard model).
- Öhlins suspension: The Daytona 675R boasts race pedigree Öhlins suspension. A TTX rear shock and NIX30 inverted forks offer a wider range of settings. The firmer settings turn the R model into a true track day tool and offers unparalleled levels of feedback to the committed rider.
- High-spec carbon fibre cockpit infills - light and strong.
- At the rear, a styled hugger sits neatly on the swingarm. Looks fantastic and keeps the dirt off your Öhlins suspension.
- The Daytona 675R can be instantly recognized by its red rear subframe and red pinstriped wheels.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 675 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 76.0 x 49.6 mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with forced air induction and SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 system with valve in secondary and under seat silencer
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate, slipper.
- Gearbox: 6-speed, close ratio
- Oil Capacity: 3.6 litres (1.0 US gals)
- Frame: Front - Aluminium beam twin spar. Rear - 2 piece high pressure die cast
- Swingarm: Braced, twin-sided, aluminum alloy with adjustable pivot position
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 5.5in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: Öhlins 43mm upside down NIX30 forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Öhlins TTX36 twin tube monoshock with piggy back reservoir, adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 133mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston radial mono-block calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 220mm disc, Brembo single piston caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display/Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, trip computer, analogue tachometer, lap timer, gear position indicator, programmable gear change lights, clock, coded key immobiliser, TPMS ready and switchable ABS. In addition the R version also includes carbon fibre cockpit infills, rear hugger, front mudguard and quickshifter as standard.
- Length: 2045 mm (80.4 in)
- Width (handlebars): 695 mm (27.3 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1112 mm (43.7 in)
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.7 in)
- Wheelbase: 1375 mm (54.1 in)
- Rake/Trail: 23.0º/87.9 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 17.4 litres (4.6 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 184 kg (405 lbs)
- Maximum Power: 128PS / 126bhp / 94kW @ 12500rpm
- Maximum Torque: 74Nm / 55ft.lbs @ 11900rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: Urban: 55.5 mpg (5.1 l/100km) - 56mph: 60.4mpg (4.7l/100km) - 75mph: 51.1mpg (5.5l/100km)
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 675 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76.0 x 49.6 mm
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with forced air induction and SAI
- Front Suspension
- Öhlins 43 mm upside down NIX30 forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Öhlins TTX36 twin tube monoshock with piggy back reservoir, adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 133 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 310 mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston radial mono-block calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc, Brembo single piston caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 54.1 in. (1375 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in. (830 mm)
- 23.0 deg.
- 87.9 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal. (17.4 L)
- Urban: 55.5 mpg (5.1 L/100 km) - 56mph: 60.4 mpg (4.7 L/100 km) - 75 mph: 51.1 mpg (5.5 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 405 lb. (184 kg)
- 6-speed, close ratio
- Final Drive
- O ring chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Crystal White / Phantom Black