2016 Honda CBR300RA
Stock Image: Bright Yellow/Matte Black
Honda’s CBR300R delivers a giant dose of performance and fun way out of proportion to its engine size. Even experienced riders can’t seem to wipe the smile off their face after a ride on this modestly-sized machine. And one ride will tell you why. It’s the sporting member of our 300 lineup, with a little more bodywork. The single-cylinder engine is light and narrow, making it easier to sit on the bike and get your feet on the ground at stops. And the single-cylinder powerband with its wide torque spread is perfect for both in-town or freeway rides. The light weight makes it responsive on twisty roads. But maybe best of all, the CBR300R offers excellent fuel efficiency, too.
This year the CBR300R is available in two hot new color schemes: Bright Yellow and Matte Black, as well as Candy Orange and Matte Black. And the price is still lower than what you’d pay for a lot of used bikes.
Race-Winning Heritage: With over 700 total MotoGP victories, Honda’s race-winning heritage stands far above any other manufacturer. Our superior engineering and technology put our GP bikes in the winners’ circle and and gives you all the performance you need for the street.
Light, Narrow, Low: Because it’s a single-cylinder machine, the CBR300R is narrow, with a low 30.7-inch seat height and light 357-pound curb weight. Need a lower seat? Just check out our Honda Genuine Accessories—we’ll get you hooked up.
The Power Of One: The CBR300R uses a single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer. Sure, that’s tech talk, but the architecture offers some very real advantages, perhaps the most important of which is power delivery: a single offers the kind of torque and midrange power that’s well suited for all levels of riders.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CBR300R. It's light, simple, fuel efficient and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque—just what you want in your first motorcycle, but geared for comfortable cruising at highway speeds.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the CBR300R starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel efficiency.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CBR300R engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR300R uses a single-shock preload-adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride but helps enhance handling as well, like some of our larger sport models.
- Disc Brakes: The CBR300R features a 296mm front and 220mm rear hydraulic disc for excellent stopping power and brake feel.
- Supersport Styling: The CBR300R features full-cowl Supersport styling and dual headlights, increasing aero efficiency and carrying the styling cues from our CBR-RR series.
- Analog/Digital Instrumentation: The CBR300R’s digital gauges with analog tachometer provide vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package featuring digital speedometer, fuel gauge, coolant temp, tripmeter/odometer and clock.
- Narrow Seat & Low Seat Height: A low 30.7-inch seat height does more than help make sure the CBR300R fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots—a big confidence builder. Plus, we offer a Honda Genuine Accessory seat that lowers seat height even further!
- Under-Seat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a map, gloves or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding—another example of the CBR300R's versatility.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Our ABS—available on the CBR300R—can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or when there’s sand or other debris on the road. It’s the perfect choice whether you’re using your new bike as a commuter or just riding it for fun, since it helps you stop with added confidence.
- Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 63 mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc with ABS
- Front Tire: 110/70-17
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17
- Rake: 25.30 deg.
- Trail: 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 364 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 71 MPG
- Model Id: CBR300R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Bright Yellow/Matte Black, Candy Orange/Matte Black
- Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc with ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.30 deg.
- 3.9 in. (98 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 71 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 364 lb.
- Black, Bright Yellow/Matte Black, Candy Orange/Matte Black